|TITANIUM USA 2020 - Chicago, Illinois USA
DEADLINE: September 2, 2020
Benefits of submitting an abstract for general session and/or applying for the academic poster session:
- Presentation slides and optional white paper published in the conference proceedings with ISBN #.
- Student gains experience presenting to conference delegates.
Click Here to Submit Your Abstract for Consideration
- Posters are open to any topics (not restricted to any specific theme)
- Ability to present your ideas to key representatives in the titanium industry
- Conference registration will be sponsored
- Travel and 3 nights hotel (Arrival Saturday, Departure Tuesday) sponsored if participant is located outside of conference city
- Networking advantages including exclusive invitation to meet with industry leaders.
- Mention in “Titanium Today” and various Press Releases
- Your Professor is welcome to accompany you to the TITANIUM Conference at the discounted Academic rate.
Scroll down this page to Submit your Poster for Consideration
Exhibit for Research & Development on Titanium Poster Session Application Guidelines for Posters:
- While the TITANIUM Conference welcomes delegates from many countries, the official language of the conference is English and all Posters should be presented in English.
- The student must be present at the event and must be available to stand next to their poster display for a period of at least 45 minutes to answer any questions.
- Proposals must include a title, author(s), format, and abstract (maximum 500 words) describing the proposal. The abstract should follow the structure of:
- Purpose Design/Methodology/Approach Findings
- Practical Implications/Value
- Relevance to effective, sustainable, and practical content
- Clarity of expression
- Status of research: Are the results in hand? When appropriate, please include the timeline for completion of research.
- The size of posters should be not more than 4’ high x 8’ wide (approximately 1.2 meters high x 2.4 meters wide). Size requirements must be strictly adhered to so posters fit within the space as assigned. If your poster exceeds these specifications, it may be subject to removal.
- Posters may be attached to the boards using Velcro or pushpins. All poster presenters are encouraged to bring their own supplies.
- The presentation must cover the material as cited in the abstract.
- Place the title of your paper and your paper number prominently at the top of the poster board to allow viewers to identify your paper. Indicate 1) the abstract’s presentation number, 2) title, and 3) authors’ names.
- Highlight the authors’ names, e-mails, and address information in case the viewer is interested in contacting you for more information.
- Business cards or small leaflet literature for distribution may be inserted in an envelope and affixed to the board.
- Prepare all diagrams or charts neatly and legibly beforehand in a size sufficient to be read at a distance of 2 meters. Paragraph and figure caption text should be AT LEAST 24-point font (0.9 cm height) and headers AT LEAST 36 point font (1.2 cm height). Use creativity by using different font sizes and styles, perhaps even color.
- Use different colors and textures/symbols for each line or bar contained in your graph or chart. A serif font (e.g., Times) is often easier for reading main text, and a non-serif font (e.g., Arial or Helvetica) for headers and figure labels.
- Organize the paper on the poster board so it is clear, orderly, and self-explanatory. You have complete freedom in displaying your information in figures, tables, text, photographs, etc.
- Use squares, rectangles, circles, etc., to group similar ideas. Avoid cluttering your poster with too much text. Label different elements as I, II, III; or 1, 2, 3; or A, B, C, making it easier for a viewer to follow your display.
- Include the background of your research followed by results and conclusions. A successful poster presentation depends on how well you convey information to an interested audience.
- Please do not laminate your poster to ensure that it can be recycled.
- ITA abides by antitrust guidelines and also abides by a separate resolution which specifies that issues on price, capacity or market forecasts past, present or future will not be discussed in any ITA gathering. Any questions regarding suitable items for display or discussion should be reviewed with either ITA Legal Counsel or an ITA staff person prior to open discussion.